Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mango Chia Seed Pudding



Falling in love has always been such an abstract concept to me. It seems more of an elusive thought/feeling that one can only relate to when they experience it. Growing up, the thought of being in love was fascinating to me. In my own  naive yet whimsical make believe world, I used to paint those elusive pictures of falling in love. Eventually I did fall in love and experienced all those elusive feelings and yet if I have to describe it, all I would say is its magical and one has to experience it rather than elaborate on it. 


Every now and then I also fall in love with the delectable delicacies of the culinary world. There are some love at first bites and there are some that I eventually learn to fall in love with. One such fruit is the Mango. I literally hated mangoes as a child. Everything about the fruit starting with its appearance, smell and the eagerness with which my family devoured it was throwing me off. Never once did I  taste it. I grew up with this sort of uncalled for  hatred towards the fruit, for I never even took a bite of it. 



Eventually after several years of hating, one day I took a bite of the  forbidden fruit with lot of trepidation (I did it just to prove to myself that I really do hate it). It was sweet, succulent and felt like falling in love. I kicked myself for not trying it out sooner and how I wasted all those years in hatred,while my family devoured all the mango love.



I was in one of those nostalgic mango moods, when the idea of a mango pudding popped into my thoughts. I made this Chia Seed Pudding before with chia seeds and Turmeric. The idea of a mango pudding with chia seeds was hard to resist. 



2 cups of frozen mango pieces (If you can get hold of fresh mangoes, its even better)

Although the frozen mangoes give a nice consistency to the pudding.

 2 cups of 2% milk

1/3 cup of chia seeds

2 Tablespoons of Honey.

Blend all the ingredients together.

Pour the pudding in to a bowl and refrigerate for about 10 - 20 minutes.

If the consistency is too thick, add little milk.

Top it off with fresh fruit, mangoes, strawberries, nuts - go crazy with it.

Drizzle some honey on top, if its not sweet enough.





The pudding reminds me of how one should never belittle things in life, for you never know where true love is lurking. Mine was marooned inside the mango, waiting to be embraced. This pudding is my way of honoring and saying "I love you" to the Mango.








Linked to eatyourveg and delicieux at












Our Growing Edge at bunnyeatsdesign and searchingforspice